Tuesday 10 July 2012

Homemade Storage Solution : Dies, Folders & Stamps!

I've been looking around online to find some good storage solution ideas in order to organize my stamps, dies and embossing folders. I even asked my followers/readers for tips & ideas.

In the end it all came to the same conclusion : a binder with sleeves for the different items you want to store.

I bought 2 binders ; 1 for my stamps and 1 for my embossing folders & dies.

Here are some picture's of the front of the binders. I was thinking about getting some plain looking binders and then alter them myself but I found these cheaper ones that have an absolutely beautifull drawing on the front.



Here are some picture's of the sleeves in the binders with folders & dies;


I could only find 2 types of sleeves in the store, full page pockets (clear) and small photo-pockets with journaling space pockets (black).

Below I used the black ones with smaller pockets for the Sizzlits Dies and I've put some magnet sheets in the full page pockets for the Double Do Dies (Unfortunately I don't have the right plate yet for my Big Shot to use these.) and later on to store my Spellbinders Dies.


Because I needed some pockets that have the size of half a page I made those myself from the full page ones and stored my collection of embossing folders in them.


I used the same sleeves for the storage of my stamps.

I stored the single stamps in the smaller black pockets. I tried storing my clear acrylic blocks in there but they were to heavy.


To make the half page pockets I've used some double sided tape to glue the top half close at the bottom of the pocket after I've cut the front sheet in half. I then glued a black paper strip over it as a finishing touch.


After all I'm happy I made these although I couldn't store everything I wanted in there.
I still don't know how I'm going to store my Bigz Dies ones I get more then 1 and the clear acrylic blocks are lying around in my toolbox because they are to heavy for the pockets.
I probably figure out some different system someday but for now this works just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment